REVEALS! These days, a studio is lucky enough to drop a reveal with some sort of fanfare before a crazed fan or newshound spoils it with onset pics or leaked imagery. The Thing from the new Fantastic Four movie was just shown, for the first time, in a grainy pic from some dude standing in front of a giant poster. NOT the way you want that to get out there, and the overwhelming negative reaction is proof. Then there's Ryan Reynolds who just Tweeted this image of, presumably, himself, in full Deadpool gear, lounging on a bear skin rug in front of a fireplace. THIS IS HOW IT IS DONE. ...And could it be any more perfect? No..the answer is no it could not. This was a rhetorical question.
Tiny Update: That IS Ryan Reynolds in the costume. How could he not jump at the chance??!! Ryan Reynolds is currently filming the Deadpool movie for FOX in Vancouver..so clearly...the hijinks are afoot. The film stars Reynolds as Wade Wilson aka The Merc With the Mouth aka Deadpool, Morena Baccarin as Vanessa (most likely the mutant Copycat with shape-changing abilities), T.J. Miller as Weasel (Deadpool's tech guy), and Gina Carano as Angel Dust (a mutant with the superhuman ability to chemically supercharge her adrenaline levels, temporarily granting her superhuman strength - from the Marvel Wiki). We are sure to see some awesome things come out of San Diego Comic-Con this year, but still, the film's release date of February 12th, 2016 can't come soon enough!!
Things I want to see in this movie..and...go
- Man killed with a rubber chicken
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Bob, the Hydra Agent
- Cameo from Bruce Campbell as a ticket taker blocking Deadpool from boarding a train to kill bad guys unless he buys a ticket.
- Wolverine cameo EXACTLY like the one in X-Men First Class
- A "gearing up" moment where he decides he has put on too many pouches. His feet are also completely hidden for this entire scene.
- A musical number
- The entire movie taking place while the Battle of New York is going on so all the major media completely miss Deadpool's fights - A flashback scene where he walks past the scene of Uncle Ben dying in front of Peter Parker