Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hasbro's Amazing Spider-Man Box-O-Doom

Less than one week til The Amazing Spider-Man hits theaters and you realize it is a WHOLE NEW BALLGAME! I am no longer under embargo so I can tell you I've been comparing this Spidey reboot in the way we compare Burton's Batman to Nolan's. I'm not saying Raimi's Spider-Man was bad...it is just a different animal all together. The new film shows a Spider-Man who moves like you'd imagine someone infused with irradiated spider DNA would move...twitchy..always tensed and ready to jump..faster than you'd imagine a human being could possibly move and so agile it defies logic. Watching him in action caused me to default to little kid mode..mouth agape and smiling like I'd been struck dumb. More details to come when I crank out my review, because THIS article is reserved for the box of goods Hasbro just sent over!

Remember the Avengers Box-O-Doom? Same concept. Pretty box with awesome art packed to the top with a sampling of Hasbro's Amazing Spider-Man movie merchandise. Inside I found a 10 inch Spider-Man with lights, sounds and "web shooting" action, a Spidey Hero FX Glove, Spidey Hero FX Mask, a 3 and 3 quarter inch Ultra Posable Spider-Man action figure and 3 and 3 quarter inch Reptile Blast Lizard action figure.

Die hard fans should note Hasbro DOES indeed have 6 inch action figures coming as Walmart exclusives, so expect, at the very least, the Lizard figure we saw at Toy Fair 2012 and an Amazing Spider-Man to thwip him in the head.




























































Amazing Spider-Man hits theaters July 3rd (that's a tuesday, folks!)
Hasbro's Amazing Spider-Man toys are in stores NOW.

1 comment :